PUBLICATIONS THAT INCLUDED CISST ERC REU AS A CO-AUTHOR
1. E.K. Swingle*, A. Lang, A. Carass, P.A. Calabresi, H.S. Ying, and J. L. Prince, “Microcystic macular edema detection in retina OCT images,” SPIE Medical Imaging, San Diego, February 2014.
2. Gonenc, B., Feldman, E.*, Gehlbach, P., Handa, J., Taylor, R.H., Iordachita, I., “Towards Robot-Assisted Vitreoretinal Surgery: Force-Sensing Micro-Forceps Integrated with a Handheld Micromanipulator,” 2014 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), Hong Kong, China, pp. 1399-1404, May-June 2014.
3. Lediju Bell, Muyinatu A., Anastasia K. Ostrowski*, Peter Kazanzides, and Emad Boctor. “Feasibility of transcranial photoacoustic imaging for interventional guidance of endonasal surgeries.” In SPIE BiOS, pp. 894307-894307. International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2014.
4. N. Cutler, M. Balicki, M. Finkelstein*, J. Wang, P. Gehlbach, J. McGready, I. Iordachita, R. Taylor, and J. Handa, “Auditory Force Feedback Substitution Improves Surgical Precision During Simulated Ophthalmic Surgery”, Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, vol. 54- 2, pp. 1316-24 Feb 15, 2013. doi: 10.1167/iovs.12-11136., PMC3597188.
5. K. Olds, A. Hillel, J. Kriss, A. Nair*, H. Kim, E. Cha, M. Curry, L. Akst, R. Yung, J. Richmon, and R. Taylor, “A robotic assistant for trans-oral surgery: the robotic endo-laryngeal fexible (Robo-ELF) scope”, J Robotic Surg, vol. 6- 1, pp. 13-18, 2012. 10.1007/s11701-011-0329-9.
6. Patent PCT /US2012/052538, A. A. Nair*, K. C. Olds, and R. H. Taylor, “Endoscope Manipulation Adapter”, PCT Filed September 19, 2012
7. Aastha Jain, Luca Zappella, Patrick McClure*, and Rene Vidal, “Visual Dictionary Learning for Joint Object Categorization and Segmentation”, European Conference on Computer Vision, 2012.
8. Zachary Pezzementi, Caitlin Reyda*, and Gregory D. Hager. “Object Mapping, Recognition, and Localization from Tactile Geometry”. In International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2011.
9. Zachary Pezzementi, Erion Plaku, Caitlin Reyda*, and Gregory D. Hager. “Tactile Object Recognition From Appearance Information”. IEEE Transactions on Robotics, Special Issue on Robotic Sense of Touch, 2011.
10. X. Fan, M. Thompson*, P.-L. Bazin, and J.L. Prince, “A novel contrast for DTI visualization for thalamus delineation,” Proc SPIE Medical Imaging, San Diego, 13¬18 February, 2010
11. Allison de Groot*, Ryan Decker, Kyle B. Reed, “Gait Enhancing Mobile Shoe (GEMS) for Rehabilitation”, 3rd joint Eurohaptics Conference and Symposium on Haptics Interfaces for Virtual Environment and Teleoperator Systems (World Haptics), pp. 190-195, 2009.
12. J. C. Gwilliam, M. Mahvash, B. Vagvolgyi, A. Vacharat*, D. D. Yuh, and A. M. Okamura, “Effects of Haptic and Graphical Force Feedback for Teleoperated Palpation”, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 677-682, 2009.
13. David Grow, Mengnan (Mary) Wu, Michael Locastro*, Sugandha Arora, Amy Bastian, Allison Okamura, “Haptic Simulation of Elbow Joint Spasticity”, 16th Symposium on Haptic Interfaces for Virtual Environment and Teleoperator Systems, pp. 475-476, 2008.
14. Garrick Orchard, Alexander Russell, Kevin Mazurek*, Francesco Tenore, and Ralph Etienne-Cummings, “Configuring Silicon Neural Networks Using Genetic Algorithms”. Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems Conference (ISCAS), 2008.
15. Matinfar, M., Baird, C., Batouli, A.*, Clatterbuck, R., Kazanzides, P., “Robot-Assisted Skull Base Surgery,” IEEE/RSJ Intl. Conf. on Intell. Robots and Systems (IROS)/, San Diego, CA, pp 865-870, Oct. 2007.
16. Gregory Fischer, Eva Dyer*, Csaba Csoma, Anton Deguet, Gabor Fichtinger, “Validation System of MR Image Overlay and Other Needle Insertion Techniques”. -Medicine Meets Virtual Reality, 2007. -Accepted to Oral Podium presentation at the 15th Annual “Medicine Meets Virtual Reality” Conference. -Final paper will be Medline and PubMed indexed. -Printed in Student Health Technology Information series.
17. Jain A, Burkhard D*, Fichtinger G, “A cheap and easy method for 3D C-arm tracking and reconstruction”, SPIE Medical Imaging, 2007. -Accepted to Oral Presentation at the “Visualization and Image-Guided Procedures” Conference as part of the SPIE (The International Society for Optical Engineering) Symposium.
18. P. Marayong, H. S. Na*, and A. M. Okamura, “Virtual Fixture Control for Compliant Human- Machine Interfaces”, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2007. pp. 4018-24.
19. H. C. Lin, P. Marayong, K. Mills*, R. Karam, P. Kazanzides, A. M. Okamura, and G. D. Hager, “Portability and Applicability of Virtual Fixtures Across Medical and Manufacturing Tasks,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2006, pp. 225-340.
20. Fischer, G., Zand, J., Talamini, M., Marohn, M.,Akinbiyi, T., Kanev, K., Kuo, J.*, Kazanzides, P., Taylor, R., “Intra-operative Ischemia Sensing Surgical Instruments”, Proc. 1st Intl. Conf. on Complex Medical Engineering (CME), Takamatsu, Japan, May 2005.
21. R. J. Webster III, J. Memisevic* and A. M. Okamura, “Design Considerations for Robotic Needle Steering,” IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2005, pp. 3599-3605.
22. Emeagwali*, P. Marayong, J. J. Abbott, and A. M. Okamura, “Performance Analysis of Steady-Hand Telemanipulation versus Cooperative Manipulation,” 12th Symposium on Haptic Interfaces for Virtual Environments and Teleoperator Systems, 2004, pp. 316-322.
23. J. Memisevic*, R. J. Webster III and A. M. Okamura, “Design of a Needle Steering Robot for Minimally Invasive Surgery,” NSF REU poster at the Biomedical Engineering Society Fall Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, Oct. 13-16, 2004.
24. T. E. Murphy, C. M. Vignes*, D. D. Yuh, and A. M. Okamura, “Automatic Motion Recognition and Skill Evaluation for Dynamic Tasks.” Eurohaptics 2003, pp. 363-373.
25. V. Chial*, S. Greenish and A. M. Okamura, “On the Display of Haptic Recordings for Cutting Biological Tissues,” 10th International Symposium on Haptic Interfaces for Virtual Environment and Teleoperator Systems, 2002, pp. 80-87.
26. S. Greenish, V. Hayward, T. Steffen, V. Chial*, and A. M. Okamura, “Measurement, Analysis and Display of Haptic Signals during Surgical Cutting,” Presence, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 626-651, 2002.
* Indicates the REU