Sign up to LCSR website
Once you have your JHED ID, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- your name
- JHED ID
- lab affiliation (lab name and faculty’s email address)
- Please CC you advisor so they can approve your request.
You will then be can be given access to the LCSR intranet, including this page: https://intranet.lcsr.jhu.edu/NewStudents
Introduce yourself to the staff in 200 Hackerman Hall!
- J-Card access to the lab (pick up the form in 200 Hackerman Hall) and questions about mailing lists: Ashley Moriarty email@example.com
Sign up for Mailing Lists
At a minimum, you should sign up for the following lists:
Note: You must sign up for the lists; it is not done automatically. Some of the lists are “protected” so your subscription will have to be approved by a list administrator.
All of the LCSR lists:
General Robotics Mailing List
- Purpose: general robotics announcements, including seminars
- Sign up here for the general robotics announcements list
LCSR Mailing Lists
- Purpose: building specific information (leaks, drills, equipment info, etc; no seminar announcements)
- Manage your subscription to lcsr-res
- Purpose: Announcements only pertinent to LCSR faculty
- Manage your subscription to lcsr-faculty
- Purpose: Announcements only pertinent to LCSR administrative staff
- Manage your subscription to lcsr-admin
- Purpose: Announcements only pertinent to LCSR engineering staff
- Manage your subscription to lcsr-staff
- Purpose: Announcements only pertinent to LCSR postdocs
- Manage your subscription to lcsr-postdoc
- Purpose: Announcements only pertinent to LCSR grad students
- Manage your subscription to lcsr-grad
Lab/group specific mailing lists
- Purpose: Announcements related to CIIS and SMARTS labs (Taylor and Kazanzides)
- Manage your subscription to cis-lab
- Purpose: Announcements related to the Locomotion in Mechanical and Biological Systems (LIMBS) lab (Cowan)
- Manage your subscription to limbs
- Purpose: Announcements related to the (CIRL) Computational Interaction and Robotics Lab (Hager)
- Manage your subscription to cirl
- Purpose: Announcements related to the (DSCL) Dynamical Systems and Control Lab (Whitcomb)
- Manage your subscription to DSCL
You can find more information on desks, as well as more information about the grad student committee here.
- intranet.lcsr.jhu.edu, useful information for all LCSR members (it’s a wiki, feel free to edit/add for each other’s benefit).
- it.jhu.edu contains instructions for your networking needs (wired, wireless, VPN), software (antivirus, …). For lab computers, the network configuration should be performed by your lab sys admin (see Contact Page to identify your sys admin). For your personal computer (laptop), you can obtain a dynamic IP address using your JHED ID. See Network Settings for more details.
- http://www.jhu.edu/antivirus Free anti-virus for all Hopkins users! (Microsoft Windows users at least)